Here is a simple list of links to all the great resources I have found whilst teaching myself how to code for WordPress. I’ll keep adding to this post as I find new resources, so bookmark this page for future use.
General WordPress Links
- http://codex.wordpress.org WordPress documentation website.
- http://wordpress.org/support WordPress forums, very active and very helpful.
- http://wordpress.org/extend/plugins Extend WordPress to do almost anything you can imagine using a combination of the thousands of plug-ins available.
- http://wordpress.org/extend/themes Free WordPress themes directory, if you have zero budget and are happy with an “off the peg” design.
- http://wpengineer.comWP Engineer a blog with handy tips.
- http://wpcandy.com WP Candy articles, tips, videos and news.
- http://digwp.com Digging into WordPress by Chris Coyier & Jeff Starr, geat tips and a great book.
- http://wordpress.org/extend/plugins/syntaxhighlighter Code syntax format plugin
- http://net.tutsplus.com/tutorials/wordpress/rock-solid-wordpress-3-0-themes-using-custom-post-types/ In this tutorial, we’ll talk about creating and using custom post types to make a rock-solid theme.
- http://www.onextrapixel.com/2011/03/08/how-to-code-a-wordpress-3-0-theme-from-scratch/ A well laid out and simple to follow WP theming tutorial.
- http://wordpress.org/extend/themes/toolbox Good HTML5 blank starter theme.
- http://wordpress.org/extend/plugins/theme-check A simple way to test your theme for WordPress standards and practices.
- http://codex.wordpress.org/Hardening_WordPress this article will go through some common forms of vulnerabilities, and the things you can do to help keep your WordPress installation secure.
- http://www.onextrapixel.com/2010/11/08/how-to-protect-your-wordpress-blog-from-getting-hacked/ How to Protect Your WordPress Blog From Getting Hacked.
- http://wordpress.org/extend/plugins/wp-security-scan/ WP Security Scan checks your WordPress website/blog for security vulnerabilities and suggests corrective actions.